Tuesday, March 5, 2024

Spring Wellness

 

This column is intended to focus on Spring Wellness and allergies, and after the last couple weeks of Wisconsin weather, I believe we have experienced “Spring” 7 times thus far.  Or is it 8?

 

I have joked at the office that in Wisconsin this time of year, you can only have 2 of the following three:

1.  Sunny Skies
2.  No Wind
3.  Temperatures Above 40 Degrees

 

It indeed seems that until recently, we have had literally 2 days thus far in 2024 that included all three!

 

In the previous couple weeks at our office, I have heard more and more complaints of allergies.  So, what can we do about these seasonal problems?  

 

The short answer is to reduce your body's own chronic inflammatory levels through diet and exercise.  The less 'irritable' your body is, the fewer immune system over responses you will have.  Reducing processed and highly refined foods, especially grains, will help profoundly.  Improving cardiovascular health, through simply walking more, will help as well.

 

I also highly recommend Vitamin D and Zinc.  Both are available in lozenge form at our office and are excellent immune system boosters.  In addition, Immuplex, a Standard Process supplement have been very helpful for me personally, when I start noticing occasional Spring allergies (and, for me, it's the late-summer ragweed that really causes me to reach for the Immuplex).  

 

In addition, there are upper neck adjustments that can help 'unplug the drain' and allow sinus relief.  There are also certain pressure points and acupressure points in the face and neck that often provide almost instantaneous relief.  Finally, did you know there is a type of 'ear adjustment' that may help as well?  Just this week I 'adjusted' a patient's ear, and as she stood up from her seat, she looked at me and her eyes got bigger and she said, "I can feel it opening up!"

 


A patient once shared a saying with me.  "No winter lasts forever, and no spring skips its turn."  I always remember that, and remind myself to practice some patience here in Wisconsin, and with Mother Nature.  After all, she is impervious to criticism and is going to do what she wants to do, despite our protests.  And, we can always just wait a couple of hours and it will change.

 

And when it comes to change, in terms of your health, don’t wait.  We are not sure this afternoon brings, let alone tomorrow or next week.  Start taking action to a more vibrant and healthier life today. 

 

Here's to a wonderful March and April, and continued growth in health and wellness to you!  Don't hesitate to call our office, as we can help you along the way, starting with a Leap today!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment