Tuesday, March 4, 2025

Puzzle Pieces

 


Every Friday, I wear a bow tie.  It’s a tradition that continues, and on the rare occasions that a patient sees me on a Friday without it bow tie around my neck, they tend to ask about it. 

When I first came to Kiel, I wanted to look ‘older’ than I really was, so I’d wear a tie every day to work.  Eventually, between keeping the ties out of people’s faces when I’m adjusting them, and..well…again and not feeling the need to look ‘older’ any longer, I stopped wearing the neck ties on a daily basis. However, I had acquired quite a bow tie collection by this point, so I decided that while some people go “Casual Friday”, I’d kick it up a notch.  So, Bow Tie Friday was born and continues to this day. 

Anyway, back to last Friday.  I had a bow tie on that featured green and blue puzzle pieces, and a patient noted that it’s a lot like the logo of the office.  I noted that’s exactly why I own this particular bow tie, and then the patient asked about the office logo.  Why puzzle pieces?

Well, true health care isn’t just one thing.  It’s a puzzle, consisting of multiple aspects, all of which must be addressed to gain true ‘health’. 

True health isn’t just the absence of pain.  Just because you’re “not sick” doesn’t make you healthy.  An absence of symptoms doesn’t mean your body is functioning as optimally as it can.

So, when addressing your health, think of multiple puzzle pieces. Cushion. Exercise. Stress management and efficient movement in your muscles and joints.

At our office we try to do that everybody we see gets specific exercises for their personal case. We also address their nutritional needs and try to come up with a plan that can make better dietary choices not just a diet, but a lifestyle choice.

And when managing stress, we need to look at physical stressors chemical stressors and emotional stressors all figure in and all are important.

Perhaps a visit at our office could be the missing piece in your health care puzzle. Whether it's muscle and joint pain, or a need to eat healthier or lose some pounds, or if you're looking for some help in getting started on an exercise program that is sustainable and beneficial, we can help.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment