This week’s column was scheduled to be a
report from what was the most profound long-distance run I’ve ever participated
in. I ran the “12 Hours of Road America”
on August 14, and I look forward to sharing that story with you in the next
week or two. Instead, this week, I’d
like to just make a couple points regarding my previous two columns, and the
replies I’ve received from them.
Thank you to everyone who has contacted
me via email, text message, or in person.
Whether you contacted me to support my articles or have contacted me
with questions, or contacted me to disagree, when person-to-person interactions
happen, there is an opportunity to grow and learn. Kindness is always the best approach to take,
whether you agree with someone or not.
If you choose to mask your children in
school, that is your decision. I dropped
my kids off at school for their first day of school on Monday, and there were
children wearing masks as they arrived.
Not a word should be uttered by other adults or classmates about that
decision. That is a decision for the
parents of the children to make, and I fully support their ability to choose. There is a very well-written article that can
be found online. Search the following
terms: “nymag.com” and “science of
masking” and look for an article from August 20, 2021.
I’ll also share a link to an article that
was written by a man with a PhD in Statistics from Cornell, to his local school
board. “Why kids should not be
wearing masks, and how to calm those who think they should.” While his degree is in Statistics, making
Public Health not in his scope of practice, I think his points are incredibly
valid and backed by CDC statistics. Please
read. https://wmbriggs.com/post/37172/
It appears that natural immunity to Covid
provides much stronger and longer protection against the Delta Variant (and
whatever the next variant is that is coming) than vaccination. That was my point in my most recent article
about vaccinating children. Children
rarely have serious symptoms—yes, those cases happen and those are tragic cases. No one wants to see a child suffering in ANY
way, obviously. But there are other
unintended consequences to vaccination, and there are other aspects of overall
health that are part of the equation regarding the severity of the symptoms of
Covid infection such as obesity, chronic inflammation, and other health
ailments. Yet, if the child acquires the
virus, has cold-like symptoms for a couple days, and then is basically
bullet-proof against future viruses and their variants, that is the best
option, and I stand by my previous position.
Again, here’s an opportunity to choose for yourself. Search “vaccination vs natural immunity” and
“science magazine” and read the article from sciencemag.org.
I am a chiropractor. That’s my degree. My mom was a nurse who very rarely gave me or
my sisters Tylenol or other OTC meds growing up, as she figured our body would
heal itself. She also took us to a
medical doctor when that was warranted as well.
I know that the body is self-healing and
self-regulating. I help people via
chiropractic care, exercise programs, and nutrition. I also refer people who need help that I
can’t provide, whether that’s medicine, physical therapy, or surgery. That’s the approach I take every day, and I
plan to continue that model, with kindness, compassion, and care. And I’ll continue to share healthy stories
about myself and my family along the way.

No comments:
Post a Comment