Thursday, April 8, 2021

We are IN-network

 Good news! We’re IN!


Since Giebler Chiropractic opened in 2009, I have been trying to increase our availability in insurance networks. It is not always easy. As you know, some insurances are better than others. Some benefits are not feasible with running an office.

And some networks deem their provider network to be “saturated” and do not allow more doctors to join. I honestly don’t understand why they do this, and it’s frustrating to not be able to help our community through their insurance.
We have written letters. We have called. We have had patients contact their insurance companies also. And up until last week, none of it was successful.

Then, Stephanie wrote a letter…and it worked! I was very pleasantly surprised to hear that we were now “In” with Anthem. I thought I’d share her letter with you. And, if you have Anthem, I hope to see you soon!

Please accept this note as a request for an exception to Wisconsin’s “Closed” network status. Giebler Chiropractic is in rural Kiel, Wisconsin, population 3,700. I, Nicholas Giebler, D.C., serve as the only “hands on” chiropractor in the city. Serving a radius of 20 miles in all directions, this office sees Anthem insurance daily. Although we have been billing out of network for many years, our Anthem patients need to choose an “out of pocket” option as they have no benefits or plans with such high “out of network” deductibles. The closest provider in the Anthem network is located 20 minutes away.

Besides location, our office offers many incredible services. I have received training in Active Release Techniques, a state-of-the-art soft tissue/rehab technique, and am also a certified Nutritional Consultant. We offer exercise rehabilitation for our patients, both in and out of the office. This would include the use of kinesiology tape. We also have x ray taken and read on site.
Having been a licensed chiropractor for over 14 years, I ask that you consider my acceptance into your network. Thank you, in advance, for your time and consideration regarding this exception.

As I mentioned, it worked! Sometimes one asks the right question to the right person at the right time…and the answer is yes!


No comments:

Post a Comment