Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Hello from 'Colorful Colorado'!

Last weekend was a bit crazy.  Then again, aren't they all?

Last Friday was a busy day at work as we were a bit short-handed at Giebler Chiropractic. Yep, Stephanie and I made it through the day and managed to be smiling as we left the office that night. 

Saturday morning brought more wet heavy snow to shovel before leaving for basketball in Manitowoc. The team earned a hard-fought victory over Roncalli, and I was proud of their effort, for sure. But it did manage to raise Coach Nic's blood pressure substantially. 

Fast forward a couple hours, and I was behind the wheel of the 'family truckster' as four of us begin our journey to Colorado for a ski trip. Thankfully, by then the roads were agreeable and there was a bit less stress and white knuckling the steering wheel when compared to the morning.

But that lack of stress didn't last long... As we were in Iowa City,  Iowa, looking to change the diaper of our three-year-old Emerin, when it came to my attention that I had left her suitcase in her room. Along with her Blankey's and her stuffed animals and all of her clothes...and her diapers. This resulted in an impromptu 10:30 PM visit to Target. And an expensive one at that.

Next, let's throw in a couple other types of stress... Like an all nighter behind the wheel, and not exactly a Dr. Nic-recommended dietary plan, which consisted of a metric ton of caffeine AND several bags of ruffles potato chips.

Thankfully, we did make it out to Colorado and into our rental in Fraser. Friends had arrived earlier on Saturday and we swapped some travel stories. 

All I wanted at this point was SLEEP, but leave it to my great friend Damian to suggest we hike up Berthoud Pass, and then ski down. It's only about a mile long hike. In ski boots. With an elevation gain of about 1,000 feet. 

Not exactly working with a full deck at this point...there I was with Damian and 4 other friends at the top of Berthoud
Pass. 

While the weekend was a doozy and included all forms of stress-chemical, physical, hormonal, emotional-it still was a heck of a way to end the weekend. 

Thanks for the push, Damian. 

No comments:

Post a Comment