Stay-cation
I'm Back!
It was a wonderful week off of work but is also great to be back at the office. Ellie and I spent last week August 6-10) on a 'stay-cation' with the kids, and it included trips to the Dells, to Chicago, to Milwaukee, as well as a couple outings in the local area. The kids slept great each night, and smiles were plentiful. Here are some of the highlights:
Ducks -- the kids experienced the Original Wisconsin Ducks in the Dells. They loved the trip, and we all learned something about the geology of the area, as well as the dam failure that resulted in the draning of Lake Delton in 2008.
Tommy Bartlett -- while I've been going to the Dells since I was a child, I had never been to the Tommy Bartlett Water Show, dubbed as "The Greatest Show on H20". It was a blast and is highly recommended! Fun fact...The first time Tommy Bartlett ever actually waterskiied personally was on his 75th birthday!
GoKarts -- this was one of the highlights of Edwin's week, and something he was really looking forward to...until he attempted to lap his sister, and she crashed him in to the wall. It was an 'accident', according to Estelle, but the photographic evidence sure seems to prove otherwise!

Stingrays -- at the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago, our kids had the opportunity to pet a stingray as it swam past them!

Gessert's -- several scoops of "Caramel Collision" were had at the Elkhart Lake Ice Cream Parlor, including Emerin, who showed off her adorable "Ice Cream Dance" for all in attendance.

Back Yard and Front Porch -- On several occasions we cooled off in the pool in our backyard, and one night we set up a big screen on our front porch and watched a movie. It doesnt get much more 'stay-cation' than that!
Lambeau -- Estelle made her first trip to Lambeau Field and absolutely loved it, especially after purchasing Green and Gold PomPoms in the Pro Shop.

Wow, did the time fly by...and now it's back to work. Next week is one final camping outing for myself and Edwin and Estelle. Then, on August 27th, it's back to school! Edwin will be in 3rd Grade and Estelle will be in 1st. As I said...TIME FLIES, so Be Present and take in the moment!

No comments:
Post a Comment