Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Reflections on Aging: Notable Quotes to Put it All into Perspective

Well, on December 30th, I celebrated another birthday. I told a couple people that while I may be thirty-something years old, I'm the youngest thirty-something-year-old you'll meet! Here's to another year, more adventures, and staying as healthy as possible in three major ways: Physically, Chemically, and Emotionally.
 
Now, for something a bit different, I'd like to share 20 of my favorite quotes on aging. Enjoy!
 
"Scientific studies show that constant, consistent physical movement throughout our daily lives is the single most important thing to do to be physically healthier and smarter, regardless of age."
-Stephen Jepson
 
"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?"
-Satchel Paige
 
"No one can avoid aging, but aging productively is something else."
-Katharine Graham
 
"We have all met people that act 'old' or think a number makes them old, and I truly don't believe that is the case. If you have a good attitude toward aging, and you do what you can to live healthy and take care of yourself, I don't think the number matters."
-Tabatha Coffey
 
"When you're an athlete and you play every day and are conditioning yourself every year, the aging is gradual."
-Cal Ripken, Jr.
 
"Nothing matters more than your health. Healthy living is priceless. What millionaire wouldn't pay dearly for an extra 10 or 20 years of healthy aging?"
-Peter Diamandis
 
"We can't avoid age. However, we can avoid some aging. Continue to do things. Be active. Life is fantastic in the way it adjusts to demands; if you use your muscles and mind, they stay there much longer."
-Charles H. Townes
 
"Old age isn't so bad when you consider the alternative."
-Maurice Chevalier
 
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing."
-Oliver Wendell Holmes (this was my Grandpa Toby Zinkgraf's favorite quote!)
 
"I don't believe one grows older. I think that what happens early on in life is that at a certain age one stands still and stagnates."
-T.S. Eliot
 
"We've put more effort into helping folks reach old age than into helping them enjoy it."
-Frank A. Clark
 
"At 20 years of age the will reigns; at 30 the wit; at 40 the judgment."
-Benjamin Franklin
 
"To get back my youth I would do anything in the world, except take exercise, get up early, or be respectable."
-Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment