Have you ever felt "off"?
When I say "off", I mean that certain joints or muscles feel tight, or not aligned quite right. Last week, I started to feel a bit "off". For me, I noticed that my right pant leg seemed to be getting hung up on my shoe more than usual.
While it sounds odd, this is actually how I know that my pelvis isn't aligned quite right. When my pelvis is off, it causes one leg to act 'shorter' than the other, and then I notice it in how my pant legs fall against my shoe. Admittedly, this probably sounds a bit weird, but it's how I know it's time for an adjustment.
At my office, I hear from patients quite often that they came back in not because of any pain, but because something felt a bit "off" or tighter than normal. I love to hear this. This shows me that the patient is much more aware of his or her body and muscles and joints than the majority of the population, and also that the person is choosing to be PROACTIVE in his or her health and wellness.
Don't wait, or ignore those first little symptoms. Don't forget the "5 Most Dangerous Words":
1. Maybe
2. It
3. Will
4. Go
5. Away
Remember: You and You alone can choose to be healthy. True health can't be found in a pill. On a daily basis, be aware of your body and take care of those symptoms early!
No comments:
Post a Comment